Nabors Service Alternative Break: Danielle in Houston

The 2012 NSL Feb Break trip to Houston was a fantastic opportunity to meet current Washington and Lee students as well as inspirational alumni. It also enabled me to compare my educated-related service experiences in Lexington and Rockbridge County with the reality educators, parents, students, and policy makers face in a much more urban and diverse setting.

While there, I spent the majority of my time working with the admissions staff at Cristo Rey Jesuit School, and as a result, I gained a great deal of appreciation for some of the behind-the-scenes work that is essential to any school’s daily functioning and ultimate success.

Overall, the Alternative Break Trip program at Washington and Lee University encourages students from different backgrounds, majors, and class years to come together and learn about issues millions of people across the United States face. For these reasons and others, I would highly recommend it to everyone with a commitment to service and ameliorating poverty.

*The Alumni Alternative Break Program is an opportunity to join current W&L students, W&L alumni and W&L parents in an effort to serve community organizations in need around the country. There are many students at Washington and Lee that are looking for something meaningful to do with one or more of their breaks. Alternative Breaks are a unique way for students to serve and learn about real issues impacting people and cities around the country.

This entry was posted in Alternative Breaks, Nabors Service League.
Bookmark the permalink.
Log In | Log Out